Living Laduree

Thursday, June 16, 2011


Hello Darlings,

I've continued to follow my heart and paint more and more delectable deserts. I'm not entirely sure why I'm so driven and inspired by food items these days but they are such a pleasure to paint. I've titled this post 'Living Laduree' because for those of you who are familiar with the Parisian patisserie, you know that Laduree is synonymous with luxury. In other words the theme here is 'Living Luxury'. So many people have asked me what my preoccupation with food is and I would have to say that for me it's just another extension of a fashionable lifestyle.

I was asked recently for a feature what my relationship with fashion is. As far as I'm concerned fashion isn't just what you wear, it's a way of life. The next time you're sitting in a chic little cafe, look around and observe the customers next to you. Where and what we are seen eating is as important as what you're seen wearing. It's another reflection of who you are, your taste, your cultural flair. So maybe in a way I've answered my own question here, why I'm so drawn to painting food these days. A mouthwatering mille-feuille is as much a statement as a great pair of Manolos.

Lots of love,
Meag xx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely illustrations, they look delish. Whatever my Tim Hortons Honey Cruller is stating about me is not true, NOT TRUE I tell you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully summer-ish! :) i've never had laduree before (don't know if we even have one here - but i think i've read the name somewhere), but now i feel like having something sweet and fruity! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute little illustrations,love your blog <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering...yummy eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I just love these!!!!! they are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks scrumptious! Good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these beautifully painted sweet treats! they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Katie your comment literally had me loling the morning I read it. Don't worry, Tim Hortons just shows that you're a true Canadian girl and that's something to be proud of :)

    @kazucopy Paris, Paris, Paris Laduree!! You must try. They invented the macaroon :)

    @The Cherry On Top thank-you so much so glad you enjoy it!!

    @Alessandra thanks doll, mine was too when I was painting them :)

    @Style Ceviche thank-you so much for the comment and for dropping in!!

    @Caitlin love to see you commenting, especially because I respect you and your art so much xx

    @Sunny I just loved your illustrations when I visited your blog. I'm now following you. Thanks for stopping in.

    @Gaston thanks so much for the encouragement my friend. I plan on doing even more xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your kind comment! :) I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Diane of course, can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been far away from your blog for too long and I apologize, but Italy really got all my attention in the past week :P

    You wanna know a funny thing? The other day when you came to my blog and told me all those wonderful things I started to think how beautiful would it be to meet in Paris: endless afternoons in museums, marathons of shopping and hours and hours spent breathing the atmosphere of that magic city... I imagined me and you painting something sitting at the Tuileries and I thought, almost instictively, that you would draw beautiful and colorful macarons (because I know that you love to illustrate food, especially cakes)
    And the day after I came here (I read this post when you published it 10 days ago) and I found the macarons!! I think it's a sign of destiny... What do you think? ;-)

    A big kiss

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Al as soon as I start making money from all these illustrations I will book a flight to visit you wherever; Italy, Belgium, France, you name it :) it would be so wonderful to meet you and experience all the things we are equally passionate about. We could document the journey through wonderful fashion illustrations on our blogs. Destiny YES!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome, when I look at these beautiful drawings, I want to eat something sweet, wonderful style:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Flara you're so kind, your work is so beautiful as well!! I love your use of color and obvious fashion flare.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground