Illustrating at ANNA SUI - Fall 2012 Runway Show

Sunday, February 12, 2012


ANNA SUI Fall 2012 Invite

Hello My Darlings!!

How have you all been?! I apologize for the embarrassingly long absence from my blog. I assure you it was with good reason that I took a mini hiatus. More importantly I've come back with some great news to share. Many of you I'm sure already know that New York Fashion Week is in FULL effect which means fashion enthusiasts from across the globe are flocking to the city in droves. The diehards are racing to shows, cocktails, shows, parties, shows, and back again. The rest of us on the fringe are watching (or maybe not) the chaos from outside the fishbowl.

I am lucky enough, however, to have been selected by Would You Rock This to illustrate at ANNA SUI's Fall 2012 show this coming Wednesday February 15th!!!! I'm responsible for documenting the event with a brief write-up and photos, along with three fashion illustrations from the collection which will be showcased over at Exude Magazine and the Would You Rock This Blog. I cannot begin to tell you how UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED I am to be attending this show. ANNA SUI has been one of my longtime favorite fashion designers ever.

I'm an absolute textile print junkie. Give me anything in a crazy floral, bright geometric all over pattern, and I'm smiling ear to ear. ANNA SUI's prints are no exception and I just adore the fact that she's one of the few true nitty gritty New York veteran designers out there. Oh and not to mention that she is a major supporter of the fashion illustration field; just check out her invite above illustrated by Jerry Schwartz. I decided to illustrate her fragrance SUI DREAMS above because, truth be told, it was the first designer perfume I ever owned; my high school boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas (cuuuute!!).

Before I forget, if you haven't yet, make sure to enter my GIVEAWAY x ZELEB London before it closes tomorrow February 13th 2012 at MIDNIGHT!!

Alright my loves, time to get back to work. I've got crazy amazing commissions, collaborations, and projects to fulfill that I can't wait to share with you all in the near future.

Muchos Besos Desde New York,
Meag xx

6 comments:

  1. it's awesome!!!
    http://chicbytseq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your illustration so very much!!!
    Fabulously nice and very talented drawings:-)))*

    Hugs,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG :D Congrats Honey! You rock :D

    http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/2012/02/is-new-york-fashion-week-boring.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on everything going on!! ( : You deserve it, girl!! :)

    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing news! enjoy it! hope to see some of your drawings online?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting, Meag!! I want to hear all about it! I saw this on their website and thought it sounded so cool... I'd love to try it out next fashion week. Congrats! Take lots of pictures =)

    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground