Postcard from Bermuda

Sunday, December 14, 2014


Hello My Loves,

I'm finally back from beautiful Bermuda and slowly adjusting to the New York chill. My trip was an absolute whirlwind. We stayed at the gorgeous Fairmont Southampton for the incredible Fairmont Gold experience. We started shooting bright and early Thursday December 4th and wrapped up 48 hours later on Friday December 5th. It definitely took some getting used to being the camera's subject for an entire photoshoot, especially 13 hour days. Usually I'm on the opposite side, documenting my subject through illustration.















I met with so many lovely local artisans like Isabelle of Lili Bermuda and jewelry designer Rebecca Little, who's portrait I illustrated live. You can see above a picture of Conde Nast Traveler photographer Gavin Howarth, snapping me painting Rebecca. I did everything from jetskiing, to riding a motorbike with art curator Tom Butterfield of Masterworks, and grooving to some dancehall music with the locals at night (so much fun)!!

A very special thank you to Jill and Lyn of Bermuda Tourism and Katie from CNTraveler for making this experience so incredible. I can't wait to see the feature in the March 2015 issue of Conde Nast Traveler and cntraveler.com!! Stay tuned until then darlings.

Much love,
Meag xx

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like an incredible experience!!!! Congratulations on these achievements!!! You are so incredibly talented and deserved it.
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @DC in STYLE thank you so, so much!! Incredibly kind of you to say. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and your support xx

      Delete
  2. OMG... you're so lucky Meagan! It's fantastic to have such an amazing opportunities. Keep doing what you are doing!
    PS. Are you staying in NY for New Years Eve? Maybe we could meet us there?
    XoXo, Danny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Danny Foto thank you gorgeous girl!! I do feel very lucky and know that nothing comes without hard work. Sadly I will be in Canada for the NYE festivities - sorry to miss you. Have an amazing time xx

      Delete
  3. These are amazing pictures! I love it and the place seems beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alba Rovira thank you so much lovely. Bermuda is such a gorgeous island. Definitely a must see xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. marrakech excursions

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground