Baraboux SS17

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

https://www.baraboux.com/

Since September of 2016 I have had the incredible pleasure of partnering with luxury handbag brand, Baraboux, creating custom illustrations, styled photos, and behind-the-scenes videos inspired by their immaculate collection. From the moment they reached out to me, I knew it would be a seamless brand alignment. The bags are designed for empowered, intelligent, culturally-attuned women, who have a serious case of jetset wanderlust. In other words, it's designed for women who inspire me and who I aspire to be. It should come as no surprise that I use their handbags on every trip across the globe, business meeting and cocktail party here in NYC and abroad!

For Spring Summer 2017, they integrated a divine metallic detail to their signature designs, and I had so much fun rendering that in my illustrations. Here are the three original works of art we created together this season to bring SS17 to life in a whole new way!

The E6 clutch (illustrated above) is my everyday go to. I love that it is a sleek and simple handbag that fits all my day-to-day essentials. When it came to rendering the illustration, we thought it would be great to show the range of colors that were new for this season and also highlight the subtle shimmer on the skins.

https://www.baraboux.com/

When I was illustrating the stunning denim blue Sharifa (above), I was really fantasizing about taking it with me to a dream holiday in Capri. I loved the idea of a fairly monochromatic lemon yellow illustration with the "pop" of blue from the bag in front.

https://www.baraboux.com/

For the Yolanda bag in Peach Rose I took inspiration from the subtle shimmering texture and my upcoming trip to Shanghai. I could just imagine how this bag would catch the light of the lanterns, wandering through the streets of this electrifying city.

And there you have it! My three original illustrations inspired by Baraboux SS17. I would love to hear your thoughts on them and be sure to check out the behind-the-scenes videos on my Instagram too!

Much love,
Meag xx

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground